Monday, February 15, 2010

Luge, Another Sport I Will Not Be A Part Of...


Everyone loves the Olympics.
The ancients were wise and cultured people.
Greeks passed on the love of sports, competition and social gathering through the Olympic Games.
One thing that I am pretty sure was not intended with this gift is the death of participants. Recent tragedy involving Georgian Luge athlete leaves me numb and speechless. Therefore, Luge has been added to the list of Sports I will never be a part of.
As I grow older and more mature (so I'd like to think) there is a list that keeps growing. This list includes things like flying in a Hot Air Balloon, Bungee Jumping, Fencing, Motor Cross, Hot Rod Racing, Gymnastics, Climbing Mount Everest ... and now Luge.
Each of us has a wild side and an ambition to try new things. My aspirations change on a daily basis and there is always some activity or new and exciting adventure that tempts. To learn and be patient is a virtue and this virtue comes at a price of trying less and achieving more with what you already know and love.
This is not supposed to be inspiring or uninspiring to individuals who live to try new stuff and venture forward. This is simply a take on personal choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment